GENERAL TECHNOLOGY EXPECTATIONS:
- Conduct yourself professionally and treat others respectfully. Do not say or do things online that you would not do in person.
- Only visit websites approved by your teacher. Do not visit any sites unless they are from a pre-approved list or you have your teacher’s permission.
- Guard your personal information. Do not give personal information to other people or companies. Do not post personal or identifying information online. Use your online avatar/identity only.
- Do not use offensive or abusive language. This includes all-caps, name-calling, and abbreviations. If you would not say it to your grandmother, don’t say it online.
- Always cite your sources. When you use text, images, or information found online, use proper MLA or APA style citations.
- Mind your own business. Do not read other people’s email or private documents without permission. If you see another student has forgotten to log off, be courteous and log them out.
- Do not download programs, games, applications, or media unless specifically instructed by your teacher.
- Report abuse. If you are cyber-stalked, threatened, or bullied online, report it to your teacher. If you notice any classmates behaving inappropriately, it is your responsibility to report it.
- Use proper English. Make sure that you always follow proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules.
- When in doubt, don’t do it or ask permission. If you suspect you may offend someone, don’t say it. If you are not sure about the site you are viewing, ask your teacher